Sunday, March 8, 2015

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Spring!

Oh spring, my favorite season. Why? Well back in Flagstaff I loved seeing all the colors come back to life on the trees, and the flowers begin to bloom. I'm not in Flagstaff anymore. Being in Europe and experiencing spring is so fantastic! I got here at the end of January, so it was always cold, and it would snow, rain, hail, you name it! But now that it is March, it's warming up, and there isn't as much rain; which makes me happy!

There are a few things that make me so excited about spring:
  • No more jackets!! Just being able to wear a pair of capris with some cute heels and a short sleeve shirt makes things all the better.
  • The sun is out! The Netherlands is a beautiful country, but being able to see it with the sun shining is nice! You don't feel so depressed, and you get your vitamin D! 
  • The idea of sitting outside at a cafe table sipping a delicious cappuccino with some Dutch snacks. Pure perfection.
  • Tulips. There isn't much to say there! But the Netherlands apparently gets covered with them in the spring! So a trip somewhere to see the tulips and windmills will be happening very soon.
Enjoying a Rosebrier outside in Breda City Centre
Don't get me wrong, I love Flagstaff and I love the snow, but you can't go wrong with warm air and sunshine! There is just something about the sun being out and people walking around that makes me happy! I just love life when it's like this! Now I know it is only March, but the fact that it is warming up makes me happy.

Sunday's are usually lazy days for everyone here in Breda; but today has definitely been an exception! I woke up around 8am and looked out the window to see that there were no cars in the parking lot. Come 11am, the lot was filled! So it isn't just me that wants to get some sunshine.

And if you think that you can go to Grote Markt or somewhere in City Centre and grab a table no problem, you are wrong! Heidi and I walked around for a solid 25 minutes trying to find somewhere to sit when we found a small bench outside in the cafe area to sit. People are serious about being outside!

So if there is anything that I learned about the sun, it's that the dutch will sit out in the sun all day and not give up their seat at a cafe for anyone. I mean, you really can't blame them! The fact that there has been sunshine all day and no rain is like a miracle! Yeah it is a bit breezy, but it sure isn't scaring any of us away.

And if there is one thing that I learned about today, it would be that when the temperature is supposed to be 63°F and no clouds, you take full advantage of it. Start your day early! If you don't have any plans, make plans to go and enjoy the day!

Spring may be just getting started, but I can say all of us here in Breda are ready for it! Bring on the warm weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment