Sunday, March 1, 2015

First Time on European Roads

Picture of a windmill I took on the freeway
The best way to see the world is either by plane, or car. That is a fact indeed. When it comes to seeing Europe, a train is also a great way; but it costs a lot of money. On Saturday, a few of us wanted to go to Eindhoven to go shopping, get lunch, and have just a fun girls day. We were planning on traveling there by train since it is about an hour away. When my friend Sofie's friend came to visit from Belgium, he had a car and offered to drive! It was so much better that way too. Not only did we save €20, but I finally had my first car ride on the freeways here in the Netherlands!

It was so different than in America. The cars are so zippy and small, and dutch drivers are so much more aggressive than city drivers! Who would think that is a thing? It was so much better than taking the train; we put on some fun tunes, laughed, and enjoyed our drive to Eindhoven.

The best way that I can describe the scenery of the Netherlands, was a mix between Pennsylvania and North Dakota. It was flat, farm land, and there were lots of trees and it was all green. Best part? I saw like my fifth windmill since I've been here! Yeah I know major step for me...

Anyways, I think it is funny how different Europe is from the states because there are no automatic cars! All of the cars here are stick shift, and on the freeways, there are two lanes on each side. It was an experience, and for the first time in a while, I had fun being in the back seat of a car driving somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment