Sunday, February 22, 2015

Where To Go For a Good Cappuccino in Brussels

Coffee. Oh how I love that word. Coffee puts a smile on my face, makes me feel all warm inside, and gives me a bit of a boost of energy when I need it, or don't. Coffee in Europe seems to taste so much better than it does in the US. Sorry America.

I know I have already talked about coffee, but I have noticed that there is such a difference in coffee here in Europe. I know I have only been to Breda and Brussels, but the coffee between the two places is different. Now in Breda, my favorite place to get a coffee is at Bagels and Beans. It is like my favorite place. But when I was in Brussels, I had to find somewhere with a good cappuccino.

Cappuccino and Oranje Juice from Peck 47 - Brussels, Belgium
This little cafe known as Peck 47, is nestled somewhere in the city, on some random street. The location of this cafe is Rue du Marché aux Poulets 47. Now I know the address means nothing to you, but when you get to Brussels, you can easily find somewhere with wifi and look it up, or ask someone.

The cafe was hip, fun, and totally busy. There seemed to be more of a younger crowd that was there. The food was awesome. I got eggs hemingway and it was one of the best breakfasts I have had in a while!

Outside of the great food, their coffee was perfection. I ordered an orange juice with a cappuccino, and it was probably one of the best cappuccino's I have ordered.

Sounds crazy, but for a coffee lover like myself, it was the best thing I had that morning; not including the trip to the chocolate museum following after.

Cappuccino at La Lunette - Brussels, Belgium
Now that was just on one day. On the first full day that we were in Brussels, we were having more of a difficult time going and finding somewhere to eat a good breakfast and have a nice cup of coffee. We stumbled upon this bar called La Lunette. It is by where all the shopping is on 7 Fossé aux Loups St.

I don't recommend you try and get any breakfast from there because it wasn't good, and they didn't really serve it, but their coffee was good.

If you just went through a restless night, you have a headache, and you need something to wake you up, this cappuccino will do just that. I had a terrible night, so this helped me start my day. Why? It was more like a shot of espresso with a little bit of milk more than anything. It was strong, warm, and did the job. Not only that, but it looks pretty.

And last but not least, there is this place not far from Brussels Central Station, and just around the corner from Grand Place. Looks might be deceiving at first, but it is a good choice to go if you feel like grabbing something to go. It's called EXKi.

Cappuccino from EXKi - Brussels, Belgium
This little cafe type place has everything. They seem to be more of a lunch place than anything, but their food is good, and their coffee is better. They are located at Rue du Marché aux Herbes 93. Now, don't get confused and think that this place is near Peck 47, because it isn't. This place is closer to where all the shops and touristy things are.

I know this cappuccino doesn't look as yummy as the others might, but trust me, it is good. It was so good that I ordered a second one that morning!

The way it is set up, is like grab and go; but you can totally eat it there. For breakfast, I got a croissant with fruit, and then this coffee. There are other options as well, but they have more options for lunch. They are on the more healthier side when it comes to lunch and such.

My friends and I got breakfast from this place the day we were leaving, and it was the best option. It was not expensive, it was fast, easy, and close to both our hotel to check out, and to Central Station.

So, if you are a coffee lover like myself, and you just so happen to take a girls trip for a few days to Brussels, just a trip with other friends, or for any other reason, I can recommend that you find these places to get some good coffee when you have a few extra minutes to spare in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment