Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pack you things, because you're going home!

Wow. Six months ago I was nervous as hell to get on that plane to come here to the Netherlands. Here I am today packing everything up, and ready to leave tomorrow. I am at a loss for words. I feel like everything I missed about home has suddenly left, and now I am just so sad to leave this place I have called home here in Breda.

Before you leave for your study abroad experience, you have no idea what to really expect. You think it will be like this or like that, but when you are actually here and living there, its something totally different. I am sad to leave Europe, I really am. This place is filled with so much history and so much wonder that you feel so happy to be able to say "I'm actually here."

Now don't get me wrong, I am excited, really excited to go back home and be with my boyfriend and my family again and tell them all of my stories and cool experiences, and show them all of my pictures, but I feel like when I leave, I will be leaving a part of me here in Breda. Being away for a certain amount of time changes a person. I am still the same person, but it changes the way I feel about certain things, and my outlook on life. It gives you a better understanding for the way things are.

A part of me wishes that I could stay here, and didn't have to go back home, but then the other part of me is saying "Kaleigh, come on. All of your friends are gone back to their home-countries, and there is nothing for you here in the Netherlands!"

I think that since this experience is all done, it is the perfect time to say thank you. Thank you to my family who has supported me through all the bad times, and all the wonderful times. I wouldn't be where I am today without them. Also, thank you Netherlands. Thank you for showing me that there is so much more to the world than what we might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment