Tuesday, June 23, 2015

What's with the weather in the Netherlands?

I want to talk about the weather for just a minute now. First of all, the Netherlands has the most temperamental weather I have ever seen. When I arrived in January, it was cold. It rained, snowed, was windy, and hailed. But that was back in January.

Here I am in June and it is cold, and windy, and raining almost every day. Um...weather I think you are confused! I will constantly be checking the weather on my phone, and when it says it is going to be 65 and sunny, I think, "okay, you can put away the coats and bring out the shorts!" No. That means its really going to rain all day and the high will be like 55.

With only like 2 weeks left here in Europe, I think "okay it should be summer, so I can put away all my pants, coats, boots, long sleeve tops, and leave only the shorts and tee-shirts." I think the weather here likes to play games with me. On a lucky day that it actually is 65 and sunny, it feels more like sunny and 75, so wearing shorts is a must. So literally right when I pack all my winter clothes up in my suitcase, the weather turns on me and I have to pull everything out again!

In a way I feel like I shouldn't complain too much because back home in California, it is like in the high 90s, and in Phoenix where my boyfriend is, it's getting 115 degrees. I know that when I do return though, it is not going to be an easy transition for me if this cold, June gloom weather continues here in the Netherlands!

Final thought: Brace yourself, summer is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment