Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Everyone is gone...except me!

So, I have ten days left here in America, and it's kind of crazy to think that I will be leaving so soon! This past Sunday, Sierra left for Limerick. Her first stop was in London, and then she flew to Shannon. I was so excited for her, but nervous as well since she hasn't had much experience with flying; especially out of the country. After I finally was able to get in contact with her, she was telling me all about her time so far in Limerick, and how she moved into her dorm but none of the roommates were there yet. She was also talking about the weather, how beautiful it is, and how she was going to visit Bunratty Castle! The amount of jealousy is kind of ridiculous, but then again, I will be in Europe so soon!

Taking things back a bit to December, I attended NAU's pre-departure orientation meeting. When I was in the meeting for students going to the Netherlands, I met an HRM (Hotel Restaurant Mgmt.) major, Drew. Not only was she the only other student going to Breda, and NHTV, but she seemed totally cool, and it turned out that we had a number of mutual friends. Drew and I exchanged numbers, and we have been in contact since.

Drew actually left the same day as Sierra did, so I felt like everyone was gone the same time! Now that Drew has been in Breda, all she has told me is that everyone is so nice, it is a gorgeous city, and it has been raining. Go figure.

Just thinking about how I will be there so soon makes the butterflies in my stomach go crazy! Ten days, well after tonight, it will be nine.

One thing that I can say going into this, is that there are mixed feelings. Yeah, going to college was one thing, but moving to another country is something like no other. Thinking about all the places I will see, all the people I will meet, and all the crazy things I will do really makes college even more worth while.

Nine more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment