Friday, January 16, 2015

I'm Accepted! Before You?

So I applied for NHTV Breda in October. To my surprise, I was accepted almost right away. I got a letter saying that I was in! Now, the only thing that was in my mind, was that Sierra applied way in advance, and hadn’t heard back. In about a week or two, she heard back from Limerick telling her that she was in! It was like Christmas for us. Knowing that we will be studying in another country for 6 months, it seemed un-real. The biggest issue though, came after the acceptance letter. That is when it seemed like all hell broke lose.

You would think that it would be all daisies and sunshine. Nope. Anyone to think that, MUST be crazy! 

After that acceptance letter, and a number of Facebook likes late, I had to find somewhere to live, get a Visa, get set up for classes, get a flight, cancel my lease for my apartment, and figure out classes for when I get back to Flagstaff. 

The stress of studying abroad hit me pretty darn hard. I was so stressed about how I was going to pay for everything, and I just started to feel convinced that it wasn't going to work out. My dad kept telling me, "don't worry about the money. I won't let you struggle." Well I guess there is a reason why he is my best friend! He has been helping me through this crazy journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment