Sunday, January 25, 2015

Goin' Back To Cali

So on Sunday, I moved out of my apartment. It was difficult no lie! I was emotional, tired, and a total mess. Not only was I saying good bye to my first apartment that I shared with Alex, but I was saying good bye to Alex!

Packing was a challenge in itself. I mean, it took long enough for me to finally get around to it, and when I did, it was Sunday morning at 6:30 a.m. before I left. I honestly don't know how my dad, Alex and I were able to fit everything in my car! Somehow though, it all fit.

So, after the car was packed, I looked around for anything that I left behind, and then cried my eyes out saying good bye to Alex. So I guess I can say this to anyone who is planning on studying abroad; if you have a significant other that you have been with for a long time (2 years for Alex and I), then you will really feel the pain of leaving one another.

I think what is really hard for me is this. When you grow up, you live with your parents until you leave for college. When you leave for college, it's not so bad because you want to move away! But, when you are with someone for a long time, and you get into this routine that you enjoy, and then you get up and walk away from it, it's hard.

Moving away from Alex is hard. Especially knowing that I won't see him until hopefully May.

On the drive back to California, I was talking with Sierra via Skype, and when we were talking, I noticed how happy she was. It looked and sounded like she totally forgot all about me, Flagstaff, and the United States. So I keep telling myself, "if Sierra can do it, so can I."

Day's left in America: 4

Am I nervous? Hell yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment