Friday, January 16, 2015

Less than a MONTH away!

When I got that acceptance letter back in October, it seemed more like an idea, and something real. It is January of 2015 already, and I am getting ready to leave! I never really felt this feeling before. I am real nervous, but anxious, and so excited to explore the world, all at the same time.

My friend Sierra that I have talked about in previous posts, is leaving on Sunday Jan. 18. We said our goodbyes on Thursday Jan. 15 right before I went on air for the news. It was crazy. We were getting ready to do a run-through when I heard, "Sister! I am leaving!" I wanted to cry. We took a picture, hugged it out, and promised that we will meet up again in February when I go visit her, or when she comes to visit me.

Needless to say, it wasn't the best run-through I had before a show because I was so sad about her leaving! I mean, here I am sitting on my couch writing this, knowing that she is just 30 minutes away. She is spending time with her mom and dad before they part ways on Sunday.

I have a lot of mixed feelings. One minute I will be totally stoked, thinking about all the places I will travel, and all the people I will meet, and all the cool things I will be able to do. And then the next minute I am sobbing because I know that I will not only miss living in my apartment here in Flagstaff, but I will miss Alex (my boyfriend of 2 years), like crazy!

Alex told me that he would try his hardest to come and visit me in the Netherlands. Now, he doesn't think he will. It makes me feel heart broken knowing that I won't see him for 6 months. He still needs to get his passport, and I keep telling him to go get one already! It is pretty annoying.

Outside of the passport issue, Alex will be moving to Phoenix when I leave, to work with who knows what. At this point, all I know is he is working the Super Bowl, and will be busy with filming and such in March. So, I understand that he needs to save up money, and worry about him, but I think any girl would be in the same shoes as me when it comes to being sad about this.

Anyways, I leave in two weeks. In two weeks from when I am writing this, I will be on the plane to Philly (my first stop), and then make way to Amsterdam. I guess the last week I spend in my apartment, I eat all the enchiladas, cheeseburgers, and ice cream sandwiches I can, before I am cut off from them for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment