Friday, January 23, 2015

Moving Out of my Apartment

So this weekend is my last weekend in Flagstaff! It is kind of bitter sweet. It honestly doesn't seem like I am actually getting ready to leave the country. It's weird.

Since I am moving, I have to get all of my things out of my apartment by Sunday (when I'm writing this it's Friday). Not only am I moving out, but Alex is as well. It seems weird because in July we moved into this place, and time went by so fast that we are already moving out! I will say that I will miss this apartment like no other. Definitely one of my favorite places I have lived, outside of Morton Hall with Sierra.

As I am leaving Sunday morning to drive back with my dad to California, Alex is moving to Phoenix. He kind of got a job there. All I know is he will be working the Super Bowl, and will be busy doing some stuff in March.

Anyways, I have started packing my things, but it actually is a lot harder than I thought. I think my biggest challenge is the fact that I am leaving. It hasn't quite hit me yet that I will be moving to another country! And packing just to leave my apartment makes me realize that I have a lot of crap. Like, more that two suitcases full. More like a car full of stuff.

When you think about leaving home to go to college, you know that there is going to be everything you need at the local Walgreens, Target, Walmart, or Safeway. But when you are going somewhere you have never been before, these things start to settle in.

I am bringing a number of items with me, including shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, face wash, lotions and so fourth. The reason why I am bringing a lot of it is because I am afraid when I get there, and after I run out, what happens if they don't have what I use, or they don't have the item in general! I mean, six months doesn't seem like a long time, but it really is, especially when you have a ton of toiletries to worry about.

If I was going there for a year or more, then I think I wouldn't be so worried about having all of my "American" items. One thing that I know I will need to get there is a hair straightener. I have heard from a number of people that my CHI will catch o fire. So, for anyone reading this and interested in traveling Europe, don't bring your CHI! Trust me, I am pretty sad too.

But the saddest thing I will be doing, is leaving Flagstaff. I was talking with Sierra via Facebook message, and we were talking about visiting each other. So, I think that since I won't be entirely alone (even though we are in two totally different countries), it helps a little bit knowing that someone is waiting for me. Well, kind of.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I can just imagine how you felt when the fact that you were leaving started to sink in. I'm sure it was one of the hardest things you ever felt you needed to do, but sacrifices have to be made to attain your dream job. In any case, I'm glad moving out seem to have gone fast for you. Hope you're doing well in the Netherlands, Kaleigh! All the best to you! :)

    Clay Delgado @ World Packaging Co

    ReplyDelete