Thursday, February 12, 2015

All About that European Coffee

Okay, so back in the United States, I was so used to going to Starbucks multiple times a day.  I would order the same thing each time too. Grande hot white mocha with soy no whip. The baristas knew me. Seriously.  But here in Europe, the coffee is different. I have yet to see a Starbucks, and I have
yet to come across a cup of coffee that was even close to being grande size.

I know it sounds a bit odd, but I kind of enjoy not having Starbucks all the time! There was this place in Flagstaff called "Macy's" and they had European style coffee. I actually find it quite hilarious because I have yet to drink any kind of coffee that tastes like it did at Macy's.

This picture I actually took at this little cafe right around the corner from where I live. It's called Bagels and Beans, and from what I hear, it is the only place in Breda where you can get bagels. But I always get this. It's a caramel cappuccino. Yum.

The way coffee is made here, is just so different. And Europeans don't drink it like we do. I mean hell, I know my best friend Sierra and I would have about four cups of Starbucks a day! Here, It is like maybe two or three a week at most. The way Europeans treat coffee is very different than us in the states. We treat it like water; just keep drinking one cup after the other. But Europeans don't.

Not only do you not drink coffee all the time here, but the reason for that is because it is pretty pricy! I was surprised to see that a tiny cup of coffee (like the size of a water cup you get at the dentist office) was €3,50! I was thinking it was crazy. But guess who was the dumbo that went ahead and bought the coffee anyway? Me. But in my defense, it was pretty good coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment