Monday, February 2, 2015

First Day of School

So after sitting around on Sunday, 8:00 in the morning rolled around fast. I was pretty excited for the first day of school. Obviously, I am thinking that school will be like what I am used to. But no.

First of all, it takes like 20 minutes to walk to school, which is different because I am used to taking the bus, or driving. So walking 20 minutes to the school is different, and a bit of a drag. So, Eline walked me to school so I can find my way, and then we broke off and she did her thing, while I was starting the orientation.

There was a decent amount of international students in the group. But of course, I was the only American; and better yet, I was the only one without any friends. So we all got a quick tour of the building (which is all the school really is), and after, we sat down with one of the instructors, Anna, and she helped put our classes together.

My classes seem interesting. I am taking TV production house classes, which is different than what I am used to doing. I really don't know what to expect, but that is okay. I guess the way it is for international students, is that I go to classes for two weeks, and then after, I can chose what classes I really want to take. So right now, I am put in for  25 credits, but there are two blocks in one semester, so I will probably drop a few classes, and then take others for the next block.

My walk back wasn't the best. It was snowing the whole time. It is a different cold here. So walking back sucked! But right now, all I can think about is making friends. Moving into my apartment will be so nice. I just want to be settled in, and feel better about being here. And once I make some friends at school, I think I will start enjoying my time. I mean, the past few days hasn't been bad, they have just been different.

I really hate to say it, but so far studying abroad hasn't been what I expected it to be like. I look at Sierra and see all the cool things she is doing, and I wish that was me. I don't know. I suppose I shall give it a few weeks and see how things are. But it's not like I can turn back now! I just keep thinking how long six months is. Something I need to stop doing. Every time that I think about how long I am here for, I get all emotional and start missing things; like Alex, Flagstaff, my car, and just everyday life. For now, I try thinking about staying warm in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment